Cook3 hrs 30 mins
This flavorful bread has a nice texture for sandwiches. It also makes wonderful croutons when cut into squares and toasted. Adapted from a recipe in "The Bread Machine Book"
- Add all ingredients except tomatoes to bread machine in the order listed, making a little indention in the flour for the yeast.
- Turn on machine (use white bread setting).
- If tomatoes are packed in oil, first blot them dry with a paper towel.
- Cut or snip tomatoes into small pieces-- but do not add them until after the first knead.
- If your machine has a fruit& nuts setting, add them when that beeper goes off.
Delicious, We had company for dinner and we ate the whole loaf. Will defintely be making this again soon, Thanks for posting the recipe.
I am not much of a bread maker but every once in a while, I like to make a unique bread for sandwiches. This was perfect. The fresh rosemary was the key ingredient I thought. Very aromatic and full of flavor. The tomatoes were great too. The bread didn't last very long because we couldn't stop eating. Thanks moxie, for a wonderful recipe.
This is sooo good. Have also tried it with oregano in place of the rosemary and want to make a loaf with sweet basil instead of rosemary. Very versatile and makes wonderful panini sandwiches although I like it just plain.