1/1 Photo of Rosemary Tomato Chicken With Rice
Chef Acosta's Note:
I got this recipe from a Sicilian girl I used to work with. She brought in left-overs one day for lunch and the aroma was making my mouth water. It's a really good fall or winter meal, very rich and savory. Plus, it's completely delicious.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
- 2Wash and tenderize the chicken and set aside.
- 3Place the olive oil, and half the rosemary, salt and pepper in a bowl or deep plate. Note: depending on the freshness of your rosemary, you may want to modify the amount to more or less. Fresh rosemary can come out very strong in this recipe, so use discretion.
- 4Dip each chicken breast into the olive oil mixture and place in a baking pan. Give it an extra couple sprinkles of the salt, pepper and rosemary.
- 5Add the stewed tomatoes into the baking pan. Pour the remains of the olive oil mixture, plus any leftover rosemary, salt and pepper on top.
- 6Cover the pan with aluminum foil and bake for 20 minutes.
- 7At 20 minutes, remove the cover and flip the chicken breasts. Bake uncovered another 20 minutes, for a total of 40 minutes.
- 8Serve over the rice and enjoy!
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Rosemary Tomato Chicken With Rice
Serving Size: 1 (367 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 719.0
- Calories from Fat 115
- Total Fat 12.8 g
- Saturated Fat 2.3 g
- Cholesterol 136.8 mg
- Sodium 1069.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 85.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.5 g
- Sugars 10.2 g
- Protein 63.8 g