Prep 8 hrs
Cook 2 hrs
This was my New Year's 2004 creation; I served it with with my Lemony Black-Eyed Pea and Cilantro Salad and mustard greens. The pork is first marinated in rosemary, thyme and lemon, then slowly cooked in milk studded with garlic slices. Prep time includes marinating meat overnight.
- 1⁄2 cup olive oil
- 4 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 teaspoon dried rosemary
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 small boneless pork roast
- enough milk, to come 2/3 up side of roast in pan
- black pepper
- 2 cloves garlic, sliced
- Marinate pork roast overnight in olive oil, lemon juice, garlic, rosemary and thyme.
- When ready to cook, brush off herbs slightly and place in a deep baking dish.
- Pour enough milk in pan to come up 2/3 of the sides of the meat.
- Sprinkle top liberally with black pepper to taste, then scatter garlic slices in the milk, cover and bake at 325 degrees F for about 1-1/2 to 2 hours, or until pork is tender and done.
- At this point, I usually discard the milk when the meat is done; maybe a gravy could be made of the milk and pan juices, but I've never attempted this since we're not gravy fans.