1/1 Photo of Rosemary Sweet Potato Soup
When the weather turns to Autumn,my thoughts turn to soup.This is a light soup,good as a first course at Thanksgiving or Christmas dinner,or a light meal with biscuits and salad.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 (14 1/2 ounce) cans chicken broth
- 1 lb fresh sweet potatoes, peeled and sliced
- 1 3/4 cups sliced carrots
- 2 teaspoons finely chopped fresh rosemary leaves
- 2 teaspoons butter
- 1 1/4 cups chopped onions
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup orange juice (I use fresh)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon white pepper
- 1 pinch red pepper
- chopped rosemary (for garnish)
- 1In dutch oven over medium high heat,combine chicken broth,sweet potatoes,carrots and 2 tsp.
- 3Bring to boil.
- 4Reduce heat to low,cover and simmer 20 minutes or until vegetables are tender.
- 5In medium skillet,combine butter,onion and garlic over medium heat.
- 6Stirring constantly,cook 8 minutes or until onions are translucent,transfer to large food processor.
- 7Reserving liquid,transfer sweet potato mixture to food processor,process until smooth.
- 8Stir pureed mixture into liquid.
- 9Stir in orange juice,salt and peppers.
- 10Return to low heat,cook 10 minutes or until heated through.
- 11Garnish each serving with fresh rosemary.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Rosemary Sweet Potato Soup
Serving Size: 1 (317 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 139.5
- Calories from Fat 20
- Total Fat 2.3 g
- Saturated Fat 1.0 g
- Cholesterol 3.3 mg
- Sodium 725.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 25.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.0 g
- Sugars 8.5 g
- Protein 5.1 g