Recipe by yogiclarebear
I threw this together when I was trying to use up some fresh rosemary. The herb really infuses into the asparagus this way. The minty flavor of the rosemary shines here, and is softened a bit if you use the chicken broth instead of the water.
Top Review by BarbryT
A lovely way to fix steamed asparagus. The rosemary was evident in the final taste, which I liked. I had hoped for a bit of lemon flavoring but didn't find that. I may add a light sprinkling of lemon zest to the asparagus the next time I make these. And there will be a next time.
- 1 lb fresh asparagus, ends trimmed
- 3⁄4 cup fat free chicken broth or 3⁄4 cup water
- 2 sprigs fresh rosemary
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- salt and pepper, to taste
Directions See How It's Made
- Put the water or broth, rosemary, lemon juice, and ¼ tsp salt in the bottom of a pot.
- Add a steaming basket and put the asparagus into the basket.
- Heat to boiling over high heat, reduce heat to medium and steam to desired tenderness.
- Season with salt and pepper if desired.