Recipe by Kree
In case you need the bread to go along with my Sandwiches of Rosemary Fig Chutney! This is an adaptation of a recipe I found online. It makes a 1 1/2 pound loaf.
- 1 1⁄4 cups sourdough starter (10 oz)
- 3⁄4 cup water
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 2 tablespoons soy margarine
- 3 -3 1⁄2 cups bread flour
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons dried rosemary
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley or 1 teaspoon other mixed Italian herbs
Directions See How It's Made
- Add all ingredients to bread machine in order listed, or as recommended by your bread machine, beginning with 3 cups bread flour.
- Bake on the basic cycle. I always use the lightest crust setting.
- Check the dough about 5-10 minutes into the cycle and add up to another 1/2 cup flour if it seems too sticky.