Prep 10 mins
Cook 3 hrs
In case you need the bread to go along with my Sandwiches of Rosemary Fig Chutney! This is an adaptation of a recipe I found online. It makes a 1 1/2 pound loaf.
- 1 1⁄4 cups sourdough starter (10 oz)
- 3⁄4 cup water
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 2 tablespoons soy margarine
- 3 -3 1⁄2 cups bread flour
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons dried rosemary
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley or 1 teaspoon other mixed Italian herbs
- Add all ingredients to bread machine in order listed, or as recommended by your bread machine, beginning with 3 cups bread flour.
- Bake on the basic cycle. I always use the lightest crust setting.
- Check the dough about 5-10 minutes into the cycle and add up to another 1/2 cup flour if it seems too sticky.
Great !! I used a package of rapid rise yeast and regular butter. This is one of my favorite bread machine recipes.
What a great 'quick sourdough' recipe when I need it! I was looking (frantically) for something to change up my Turkey Sandwich leftovers, and this did the trick! I had to add 1 tsp of active yeast to get a rise in time for dinner. This was great! For my mixed herbs, I used some fresh thyme and powdered onion. With my turkey, I did a bit of roasted garlic mayo and cracked pepper. Loved it!
Wonderful bread (this was better than the Rosemary Sourdough bread at Whole foods that costs $4.00/loaf and so easy too!) that is perfect with stew! Instead of the dried parsley we used thyme because the stew we had this bread in also used thyme. To make this bread I used Sourdough Starter by KimmieOH recipe#67075 but used it on day 3 -- still good but will probably be better next time if I waited the whole time. We will be making this often to have with soup/stew. Thanks for sharing!