Prep 15 mins
Cook 50 mins
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 3⁄4 cup water
- 1⁄2 cup olive oil
- 2 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup pecans, chopped
- 1⁄4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 tablespoon fresh rosemary, chopped
- 1 teaspoon fresh orange rind, grated
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray a standard size (9 x 5 x 3-inch) loaf pan with nonstick spray.
- Whisk together the eggs, wine and olive oil in a medium bowl.
- In a large bowl, combine all remaining ingredients; add egg mixture and stir with a wooden spoon until flour is incorporated. Scrape into pan and bake 50 minutes, or until the top is rich golden brown.
- Cool in the pan for 15 minutes before turning out onto a cooling rack. Slice into thick slices while warm or let cool completely.
The ingredients list calls for water as the liquid, but the directions mention wine. I would be interested to know which it is.