Recipe by French Tart
An easy to prepare and cook savoury snack with walnuts, smoked sea salt and fresh rosemary. We enjoyed these roasted walnuts with our aperitifs and I also served the rest of them with the cheese and salad course. I plan to make some more of these and use them for salads, they would be absolutely brilliant with a hot chèvre (goat’s cheese) salad, as well as making great gifts for friends and family.
Top Review by Mongruella
I made this, but didn't have walnut oil. All I had was olive, canola, safflower, or black truffle, so I tried it with the black truffle. May not have been the best choice, but I thought it complimented the rosemary well and I devoured them without sharing....
- 4 tablespoons walnut oil
- 1⁄4 cup finely chopped fresh rosemary
- 2 teaspoons fresh ground black pepper
- 1 1⁄4 teaspoons smoked flaked sea salt (Malden)
- 4 cups walnuts, unsalted
Directions See How It's Made
- Pre-heat oven to 150C/300°F
- Line a baking sheet with non-stick baking paper.
- Put the walnuts into a large mixing bowl.
- In a small bowl, combine the walnut oil, rosemary, black pepper, and sea salt.
- Pour the oil mixture over the walnuts and mix well until the walnuts are covered evenly.
- Pour the walnuts onto the prepared baking sheet.
- Bake for 15 to 20 minutes, stirring the walnuts regularly.
- Allow the walnuts to cool completely before storing them in an airtight container.