Recipe by Abby Girl
I am always looking for different recipes for fish, as I am trying to incorporate more and more into our daily diet. You actually set the rosemary briefly aflame which gives the fish a wonderful herb flavour and aroma. Part of the dish can be made up ahead of time
Top Review by Thorsten
Easy to make and delicious. To smoke the halibut is different. It will keep the flavours of the fish and add a smokey and herbal note to the fish. The fish came out great and with the vinaigrette on the side it makes a wonderful light and healthy dish. Thanks for sharing.
- 2 -3 sprigs fresh rosemary
- 1 1⁄2 lbs halibut fillets
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper, coarsely crushed
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup tomatoes, seeded and diced
- 1 teaspoon shallot, finely chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- In a baking dish, place rosemary beside halibut; light rosemary with match (rosemary may not remain lit). Cover tightly with foil. Bake at 425 oven for 8 - 12 minute or until fish flakes easily when tested.
- Balsamic Vinaigrette: Meanwhile, in a small bowl, whisk together oil, balsamic vinegar, pepper and salt. Stir in tomato and shallot.(can be done ahead of time).
- Serve with halibut.