Prep 30 mins
Cook 30 mins
Show: Easy Entertaining with Michael Chiarello
For the marinade
- 1⁄2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 teaspoons finely chopped Italian parsley
- 1 teaspoon finely chopped fresh rosemary leaf
- 1 teaspoon finely chopped garlic
- salt and pepper
For the skewers
- 1 head broccoli, cut into florets, blanched
- 1⁄4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 20 garlic cloves
- 10 rosemary sprigs
- 20 shiitake mushrooms, stems removed
- 1 lb cambozola cheese, to serve
- Combine the marinade ingredients in a bowl and set aside.
- Blanch the broccoli in boiling salted water for 2 minutes. Drain and cool.
- In a small skillet over medium heat, add the olive oil and cook the garlic cloves until they are golden and soft. Set aside
- until cool enough to handle.
- To make the skewers: Remove the leaves from the bottom 2/3 of the rosemary sprigs and reserve them for future use. Skewer a
- mushroom, broccoli floret and a roasted garlic clove onto each rosemary sprig. Put the completed skewers on a baking sheet,
- brush them with the marinade, and season with salt and pepper.
- Grill the rosemary skewers over medium-high heat for about 1 1/2 minutes on each side. Serve with a small wedge of Cambozola