1/1 Photo of Rosemary Shrimp Penne With Butternut Squash Sauce
Auntie Mags's Note:
An elegant but super easy recipe that takes little time to pull together. Great for cool fall evenings in front of the fire!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb dry penne pasta
- 1 1/4 cups butternut squash, peeled and diced
- 1 lb large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 2 teaspoons fresh rosemary, chopped finely (or 1 tsp dried rosemary)
- 2 garlic cloves, minced finely
- 1 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon ground pepper, divided
- 3/4 cup whole milk or 3/4 cup cream
- 3/4 cup chicken stock
- 3 tablespoons parmesan cheese, grated
- olive oil
- 1Add olive oil to heated deep heavy skillet.
- 2Add squash, garlic, half of salt and half of pepper to skillet and saute squash on medium high until it begins to color, approximately 7-10 minutes.
- 3Add chicken stock and simmer until squash is thoroughly tender, approximately 7 minutes.Add rosemary and remaining salt and pepper to taste.
- 4Puree sauce with immersion blender or in stand blender until smooth. Note: if you prefer a more rustic texture, remove some squash before pureeing and cut into smaller cubes and add back to puree.
- 5In the meantime, cook pasta per package directions in boiling salted water until al dente. Drain but do not rinse.
- 6Heat olive oil in second heavy skillet over medium high heat.
- 7Add shrimp and saute until pink about 3-4 minutes. Do not overcook.
- 8In large pot, combine cooked pasta, sauce, and 1/2 of milk and stir until combined. Simmer over low heat, stirring occasionally. Add rest of milk slowly to reach desired consistency. Simmer until heated through.
- 9Serve pasta in individual bowls with shrimp placed on top.
- 10Sprinkle Parmesan on dish and serve hot.
Browse Our Top Penne Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Penne Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Rosemary Shrimp Penne With Butternut Squash Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (246 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 610.3
- Calories from Fat 67
- Total Fat 7.5 g
- Saturated Fat 2.3 g
- Cholesterol 182.0 mg
- Sodium 895.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 101.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 13.5 g
- Sugars 4.1 g
- Protein 36.2 g