Recipe by Derf
Shrimp scented with rosemary and sherry, yummy!! Quick, Easy and Delicious!!! Adapted from Canadian Living mag.
Top Review by little_wing
Oh, we loved this! I've been trying to eat healthier and DD asked if I'd come off my diet, it tasted so good. Very simple and clean flavors. Everything in balance and light tasting. I cut the oil back to 1 tbs., used golden sherry and used just a pinch of cayenne pepper for the hot sauce. I used 1lb frozen cooked shrimp and it was delicious but am saving this recipe for when I splurge and buy fresh shrimp as I'm sure that would be out of this world. Served with brown rice pilaf and steamed green beans and it was very nice. For us, this served 3, no leftovers :( Thanks for posting!
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, smashed
- 1 lb jumbo shrimp, peeled, deveined, tails intact (12 to 15 size)
- 1 tablespoon fresh rosemary leaf
- 1⁄4 cup sherry wine, dry (or semidry)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large frypan, heat oil over medium high heat; saute garlic until light golden and fragrant; about 10 seconds.
- Add shrimp and rosemary; saute just until shrimp are pink, about 1 minute.
- Add sherry, salt, pepper and hot pepper sauce; saute until liquid is reduced by half, about 3 minutes.