Prep 15 mins
Cook 40 mins
Make and share this Rosemary Shortbread recipe from Food.com.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh rosemary
- 3⁄4 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 2 tablespoons mild honey
- 1⁄2 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
- 1 small rosemary sprig, to garnish
- Preheat oven to 300°F Whisk together flour, salt, baking powder, and rosemary in a bowl.
- Mix together butter, honey, and confectioners sugar with elec.
- mixer at low speed, then add flour mixture and mix until dough resembles coarse meal (with some small, roughly pea-sized butter lumps).
- Gather dough,and transfer to an 8X8 square pan.
- Knead dough out into pan, making sure it has come together.
- Using tines of a fork, make marks around the edge of the pan, and also across where cookies will be cut when baked.
- In each square, arrange rosemary sprigs (if using) decoratively on top of dough, pressing lightly to help adhere, and sprinkle dough with 1/2 tablespoon granulated sugar.
- Bake shortbread in middle of oven until golden brown, 35-40 minutes.
- Cool 5 minutes, then cut along score marks, remove from pan, and allow to cool completely.
- Cooks' note: Shortbread keeps in an airtight container at room temperature 1 week.