1/1 Photo of Rosemary Shortbread
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 300°F Whisk together flour, salt, baking powder, and rosemary in a bowl.
- 2Mix together butter, honey, and confectioners sugar with elec.
- 3mixer at low speed, then add flour mixture and mix until dough resembles coarse meal (with some small, roughly pea-sized butter lumps).
- 4Gather dough,and transfer to an 8X8 square pan.
- 5Knead dough out into pan, making sure it has come together.
- 6Using tines of a fork, make marks around the edge of the pan, and also across where cookies will be cut when baked.
- 7In each square, arrange rosemary sprigs (if using) decoratively on top of dough, pressing lightly to help adhere, and sprinkle dough with 1/2 tablespoon granulated sugar.
- 8Bake shortbread in middle of oven until golden brown, 35-40 minutes.
- 9Cool 5 minutes, then cut along score marks, remove from pan, and allow to cool completely.
- 10Cooks' note: Shortbread keeps in an airtight container at room temperature 1 week.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Rosemary Shortbread
Serving Size: 1 (27 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 16
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 159.0
- Calories from Fat 79
- Total Fat 8.7 g
- Saturated Fat 5.4 g
- Cholesterol 22.8 mg
- Sodium 122.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 18.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.4 g
- Sugars 6.6 g
- Protein 1.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included: