Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
Light and crisp crackers that pair well with cheese!
- 2 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 2 sprigs rosemary
- 3⁄4 teaspoon sea salt
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees and lightly spray two baking sheets with cooking spray. Mix rosemary and sea salt in a small bowl. Mix all purpose flour, white whole wheat flour and salt in a medium bowl.
- Add olive oil to the bowl with flour and salt mixture, and then slowly add the water. Stir with a rubber spatula until the dough comes together (sometimes it helps to press the dough against the side of the bowl).
- Divide the dough into three balls. Cover two of the balls with some saran wrap and set aside while you work the first ball.
- Lightly flour your work space and with your fingers press the dough into a flat oval. Use a rolling pin to further roll out the dough. I suggest using one because you want the dough to be pretty thin.
- With a cookie cutter or biscuit press, cut out each cracker and place on baking sheet. Continue to do so for each ball of dough, or in batches depending on the size and how many baking sheets you use.
- Lightly brush the top of the dough with some water and sprinkle the top of each cracker with the rosemary sea salt mixture. Be careful not to over season the crackers. Bake for 8-10 minutes till slightly golden. Remove and let cool.