Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
A delicious dish from "InterCourses: An Aphrodisiac Cookbook" by Martha Hopkins and Randall Lockridge. Times are estimated.
- 1⁄2 lb rigatoni pasta, cooked and drained
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 5 ounces lamb, cut ino thin strips
- 1⁄2 yellow bell pepper, cut into strips (or red bell pepper)
- 1⁄4 cup dry white wine or 1⁄4 cup chicken stock
- 1 1⁄2 cups crushed tomatoes
- 1 sprig fresh rosemary
- 2 tablespoons heavy cream
- salt & pepper, to taste
- 1⁄4 cup shredded parmesan cheese (freshly shredded Parmigiano-Reggiano is the best)
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh rosemary
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh sage
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh oregano
- Prepare rigatoni according to package directions; drain.
- Meanwhile, heat olive oil in large skillet over medium-high heat. Saute garlic, lamb, and bell pepper until the lamb is tender, about 3-4 minutes.
- Increase to high heat. Deglaze pan with wine and cook until most of the liquid has evaporated.
- Add tomato and sprig of rosemary. Simmer for 15 minutes.
- Remove from heat and stir in cream, salt, and pepper. Return pan to heat and reduce to medium. Cook until just heated through.
- Toss with hot rigatoni. Garnish with Parmesan, rosemary, sage, and oregano. Serve immediately.
This was lovely, thank you for sharing. I had to substitute the yellow bell pepper for a red capsicum.