Prep 5 mins
Cook 30 mins
This recipe is posted by request
- 8 ounces dry white wine
- 8 ounces heavy cream
- 3 sprigs rosemary
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 2 -3 shallots, finely chopped
- Reduce white wine to approximately 4 to 5 ounces by simmering.
- Add shallots and rosemary, and continue simmering, stirring occasionally.
- When the mixture has been reduced to approximately 1½ to 2 ounces, add heavy cream and further reduce to 4 ounces.
- Whisk in Dijon mustard.
- Serve immediately.
This was absolutely delicious. We served it over Pan-Crisped Potatoes (Mark Bittman) Pan-Crisped Potatoes (Mark Bittman), leaving out the garlic. It held up well for reheating.
This would go excellent on grilled chicken breasts.
What do you recommend to go with the saurce?