1/1 Photo of Rosemary Satin Dinner Rolls
* Pamela *'s Note:
From BHG "Make Ahead Cooking". Time does not include rising time.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In a large mixing bowl stir together 3/4 cup of the flour and the yeast; set aside. In a small saucepan combine cottage cheese, the 1/4 cup water, butter, onion, salt, and crushed rosemary. Heat and stir until warm (120 degree F to 130 degree F) and butter is almost melted.
- 2Add cottage cheese mixture to flour mixture. Add the whole egg. Beat with an electric mixer on low speed for 30 seconds. Beat on high speed for 3 minutes. Stir in as much of the remaining flour as you can with a wooden spoon.
- 3Turn dough out onto a lightly floured surface. Knead in enough of the remaining flour to make a moderately stiff dough that is smooth and elastic (6 to 8 minutes total). Shape dough into a ball. Place in a greased bowl, turning once to grease the surface. Cover and let rise in a warm place until double in size (about 1 hour).
- 4Punch dough down. Cover and let rest for 10 minutes. Divide dough into 12 balls. Place each in a greased muffin cup or shape into desired shapes. Stir together the egg yolk and 1 tablespoon water; brush onto dough. Sprinkle with additional rosemary if desired.
- 5Cover and let rise in a warm place until nearly double (about 30 minutes). Preheat oven to 400 degree F. Bake in preheated oven for 12 to 15 minutes or until golden. Makes 12 rolls.
- 6These freeze well and go perfectly with a nice bowl of soup!
Browse Our Top Yeast Breads Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Yeast Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Rosemary Satin Dinner Rolls
Serving Size: 1 (681 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 154.0
- Calories from Fat 48
- Total Fat 5.4 g
- Saturated Fat 3.0 g
- Cholesterol 45.2 mg
- Sodium 178.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 20.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.9 g
- Sugars 0.2 g
- Protein 5.2 g