Recipe by Huskergirl
Flavored sea salt is all the rage these days, but you can take advantage of your fall herb harvest, rosemary, mint, thyme, oregano and sage are ideal, and save yourself a bundle by making your own herbal salts according to the Fairmont Royal York's method.
Directions See How It's Made
- In a blender, combine 3 oz. kosher or sea salt with leaves from 1 bunch rosemary, chopped.
- Whiz until rosemary is fine and salt is decidedly green.
- Spread out onto a rimmed baking sheet and bake in a low oven, 225°F, until dry, about 15 minutes.
- Break up with hands, and store in covered jars out of the light.
- Sprinkle over focaccia, rub into steaks and roasts, mix a little into ground beef for patties or season a lamb stew, chops or kabobs.