Recipe by groovey blonde
A great kabob recipe for summer! I found this in Parents Magazine. Quick, easy and tasty. Enjoy!
- 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1⁄2 cup olive oil
- 3⁄4 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley leaves
- 3⁄4 teaspoon dried rosemary
- 3⁄4 teaspoon dried sage
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 tablespoon black pepper
- 1 1⁄2 lbs cubed chicken breasts
- 1 pint cherries or 1 pint grape tomatoes
- 2 cups cremini mushrooms (small) or 2 cups baby bella mushrooms
- 1 red pepper, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 red onion, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 8 skewers
Directions See How It's Made
- In a blender, combine all ingredients for the marinade. Measure out a 1/2 Cup, Reserve the rest.
- Alternately thread chicken cubes, tomatoes, mushrooms, peppers and onions onto the skewers. Place on a baking pan. Coat with the 1/2 C marinade. let sit at room temperature for 10 minutes or keep wrapped in the fridge for up to 4 hours.
- Heat grill to high, or preheat the broiler to high.
- Place kebabs directly on the grill (or under the broiler) and leave undisturbed for 4-5 minutes. Turn over, and continue to grill until the chicken is cooked through, about 4 minutes more (the center should be opaque and firm).
- Drizzle with reserved marinade. Serve with potatoes or corn on the cob.