2 hrs 20 mins
Kitten Stirfry's Note:
This recipe changes a little every time I prepare it, but the foundation has been well received so far. I use a "McCormick" rosemary / garlic rub and a small bottle of "Jim Beam" bourbon as the rub. I like to use 2 whole chickens, and cook them on a "Cabelas" brand dual beer butt chicken stand. Also important, I usually drink heavily when I am making this great outdoor dish, so ratios tend to vary according to my mood at the time of preparation. I would recommend you create this dish to your taste preferences. Enjoy.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat grill to 375°F preferably indirect heat (the oven works sorta-ok too).
- 2Empty beer cans by 1/4 to 1/3, then set them into stand.
- 3Place chickens over beer cans (try and keep them from touching).
- 4Grind 1 cup rosemary & garlic seasoning into a powder. Melt 3/4 stick of butter. Mix in powdered seasoning. Pour concoction into a meat flavor injector. Inject chickens in the middle of the breasts, thighs, and legs.
- 5Have a whiskey, or two.
- 6Spritz the chickens with bourbon. Inside and out (I use a squirt bottle).
- 7Rub entire bare skin of chickens with leftover 1/4 butter.
- 8Rub the rest of the seasoning into entire skin of chickens (maybe grind some more of the seasoning down a little to help the rubbing action).
- 9Maybe another shot of whiskey to clear the throat and mind?.
- 10Place chickens onto covered, and preheated grill.
- 11Cook for 2 hours, Every 10-15 minutes spritz chickens with bourbon. (leave lid shut when you do this. Go through the back and side vent on lid of grill).
- 12Finish off with a nice glass of bourbon on the rocks.
Browse Our Top Spring Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Rosemary Rub Beer-Butt / Beer Can Chicken (W/ Bourbon)
Serving Size: 1 (525 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1496.6
- Calories from Fat 773
- Total Fat 85.9 g
- Saturated Fat 29.8 g
- Cholesterol 365.7 mg
- Sodium 443.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 4.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 g
- Sugars 0.0 g
- Protein 77.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included: