Prep 10 mins
Cook 45 mins
From the book "The Color Code." Accredited to the North Carolina SweetPotato Commission. You could probably substitue 1 tsp dried rosemary for the Tbs fresh with good results.
- 2 lbs sweet potatoes, cut into 1 1/2 inch pieces
- 3 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh rosemary, chopped
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1⁄4 cup pine nuts
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- Preheat oven to 375ºF.
- In a roasting pan or large baking dish, combine sweet potatoes, garlic, rosemary and olive oil.
- Roast for 45 minutes, mixing occasionally.
- Just before serving, add pine nuts, parsley and salt and pepper.
- Serve hot.
Out of this world recipe! Thanks Roosie. I didn't have any pine nuts on hand and I used dried rosemary. I think fresh would have tasted better. Next time I'll add the pine nuts and make sure I have fresh rosemary. It was a big hit at our Sunday dinner get-together.
A good simple side dish (especially if you already have the oven on for a roast). You can substitute toasted sunflower or pumpkin seeds for the pine nuts.
I omitted the pine nuts and fresh parsley out of necessity (didn't have any), and added onions. Very good and a change from my usual roasted sweet potatoes with balsamic vinegar. Thanks for posting!