Recipe by Sue Lau
The rosemary give these potatoes a hint of fresh flavor that is not found in ordinary sweet potato recipes. Although unusual, it is quite refreshing!
Top Review by patticakes #3
i made this exactly as the recipe suggested. fantastic! they are all carmelized and taste very much like candied yams without all the syrup. i loved them and will make them again. i did use fresh rosemary. it and the fresh orange zest were perfect!
- 2 large sweet potatoes
- 1⁄3 cup butter, melted
- 1⁄4 cup light brown sugar, firmly packed
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh rosemary
- 2 teaspoons grated orange rind
- 1⁄2 teaspoon kosher salt
- fresh rosemary (for garnish; optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Peel potatoes and cut into 8 wedges.
- Stir together melted butter, brown sugar, chopped rosemary, and orange rind, until sugar dissolves.
- Pour mixture into a plastic ziplock bag and add potatoes.
- Seal bag and work mixture over potatoes, coating them thoroughly.
- Place potatoes on an oiled baking sheet and bake at 400F for 35-40 minutes or until potatoes are fork-tender and golden brown, turning potatoes once or twice during cooking.