Prep 5 mins
Cook 40 mins
Found this recipe in a local fundraising cook book. It is quick, easy and tasty. You can vary the herbs to your individual taste, but the thyme and rosemary are my favorite.
- 2 lbs red potatoes, unpeeled and quartered
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh rosemary
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- Preheat oven to 450°F.
- Combine all ingredients in a large heavy duty zip lock plastic bag (can also use a large bowl with sealable lid).
- Shake well to coat potatoes.
- Arrange potatoes in a well-greased 13x9x2-inch baking dish.
- Bake, uncovered for 40 minutes or until potatoes are tender.
This is a new twist on roasted potatoes with fantastic flavors. I halved the potatoes instead of quartering and cooked for the 40 minutes, stirring after 10 minutes and after 20 minutes. They came out beautifully. A lovely way to cook potatoes. Thanks for sharing this recipe.
awesome flavour..need to watch cooking time though because 40 minutes made them a little dry.
Wonderful! I knew I would like these being I love rosemary and roasted potatoes and these were no excpetion. Made for Zaar Chef Alphabet Soup tag game.