Prep 15 mins
Cook 35 mins
A very easy side dish. You could use dried rosemary, but fresh is better as the dried rosemary will not soften in this recipe.
- 4 russet potatoes
- 2 tablespoons butter or 2 tablespoons margarine
- 6 shallots, chopped (or 1/2 small onion, chopped)
- 2 sprigs fresh rosemary
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Wash potatoes and cut into strips about 1/2 inch thick and 2 inches long.
- Heat butter in a nonstick ovenproof skillet large enough to hold potatoes in one layer.
- Add potatoes and shallots and sauté over medium heat for 15 minutes, shaking the pan or tossing potatoes every few minutes.
- Add rosemary and toss with potatoes.
- Bake in oven 10 minutes longer or until they are tender.
I love potatoes this way. Very tasty and easy!
I use this recipe too! I cube my potatoes, rather than slice them into strips, leaving the skins on. I also add in 1 tablespoon of chopped fresh rosemary when sauteing the potatoes and shallots - but that's because I love rosemary! Great recipe!
I had some baby new potatoes, so I scrubbed them and quatered them, leaving the skin on. I microwaved them for about five minutes first, and I'm glad I did, because they still needed a little longer than stated in the recipe. I left them in the oven for about 20 minutes. The onions and rosemary add a nice flavour and they made a nice side dish to go with my roast leg of lamb. Thanks for sharing!