- 4 russet potatoes
- 2 tablespoons butter or 2 tablespoons margarine
- 6 shallots, chopped (or 1/2 small onion, chopped)
- 2 sprigs fresh rosemary
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Wash potatoes and cut into strips about 1/2 inch thick and 2 inches long.
- Heat butter in a nonstick ovenproof skillet large enough to hold potatoes in one layer.
- Add potatoes and shallots and sauté over medium heat for 15 minutes, shaking the pan or tossing potatoes every few minutes.
- Add rosemary and toss with potatoes.
- Bake in oven 10 minutes longer or until they are tender.