Recipe by HotPepperRosemaryJelly
I found this recipe on Cooking.Com and it has been a keeper ever since! I love pork loin and if done right is not dry or bland. Pork loves rosemary and sage just ask any Italian! :) This is a Tuscan recipe so it is recommended that it be served with braised white beans and roasted potatoes! And uncork a Chianti!!! Sounded good to me! Jelly :)
Top Review by sconehead
This was the MOST FLAVORFUL pork loin EVER!!! We had pork loin for Christmas dinner this year for something different and it was DELICIOUS!!! Will definitely be making it this way again!! Thanks for a great recipe!!
- 4 garlic cloves, peeled, coarsely chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh rosemary needles, coarsely chopped
- 8 fresh sage leaves, coarsely chopped
- 2 teaspoons coarse sea salt
- 2 teaspoons fresh ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 lbs boneless pork loin roast, well trimmed
- 4 slices pancetta
Directions See How It's Made
- Pound garlic, rosemary, sage, and pepper with pestle in mortar until paste forms. Alternatively, puree ingredients in mini food processsor. Mix in oil. Place pork in baking dish. Spread herb mixture all over pork. Cover and refrigerate at least 2 hours.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Place pork fat side up, on rack set in heavy roasting pan. Drape pancetta strips crosswise over pork. Roast until thermometer inserted into center of pork registers 160 degrees F for medium doneness, about 1 hour. REmove fromoven; let stand 5 minutes. Discard pancetta strips.
- Cut pork crosswise into 1/3 - inch thick slices. Arrange pork slices on platter. Garnish with rosemary sprigs. If desired, and serve.