Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
A little different recipe than the normal roasted pecans you find. These make great gifts and the aroma from this dish while it is baking makes your whole house smell wonderful.
- 3 lbs pecan halves
- 1⁄3 cup butter, melted, plus
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄4 cup fresh rosemary, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons seasoning salt (or more to your preference and taste)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a single layer, place the pecans on a cookie sheet and bake for 30 minutes (I use 2 baking sheets to keep the pecans in single layer).
- Once they have baked for 30 minutes, remove the pecans from the oven and add the 1/3 cup melted butter to the pecans, mixing well.
- Return the pecans to the oven for another 10 minutes.
- Remove from oven again and add the salt and the other 2 tablespoons of butter.
- Stir the pecans well and return to the oven for another 10 minutes.
- In a small bowl, mix the rosemary, cayenne and brown sugar.
- Remove the pecans from the oven and toss the pecans lightly with the rosemary and sugar mixture, while they are still warm. (I used a large Ziploc bag and shake the mixtures together).
- Serve warm.
I made these today. I should have known better not to follow the recipe and roast the pecans for 30 minutes at 350 degrees. I just ruined 3 lbs of pecans, they were burnt !!!!! I would think maybe 250 degrees!<br/><br/>anyways, people who post recipes need to review them before posting. I just wasted $21 on pecans.