Recipe by Sherrybeth
A little different recipe than the normal roasted pecans you find. These make great gifts and the aroma from this dish while it is baking makes your whole house smell wonderful.
Top Review by bgambill_9752791
I made these today. I should have known better not to follow the recipe and roast the pecans for 30 minutes at 350 degrees. I just ruined 3 lbs of pecans, they were burnt !!!!! I would think maybe 250 degrees!<br/><br/>anyways, people who post recipes need to review them before posting. I just wasted $21 on pecans.
- 3 lbs pecan halves
- 1⁄3 cup butter, melted, plus
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄4 cup fresh rosemary, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons seasoning salt (or more to your preference and taste)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a single layer, place the pecans on a cookie sheet and bake for 30 minutes (I use 2 baking sheets to keep the pecans in single layer).
- Once they have baked for 30 minutes, remove the pecans from the oven and add the 1/3 cup melted butter to the pecans, mixing well.
- Return the pecans to the oven for another 10 minutes.
- Remove from oven again and add the salt and the other 2 tablespoons of butter.
- Stir the pecans well and return to the oven for another 10 minutes.
- In a small bowl, mix the rosemary, cayenne and brown sugar.
- Remove the pecans from the oven and toss the pecans lightly with the rosemary and sugar mixture, while they are still warm. (I used a large Ziploc bag and shake the mixtures together).
- Serve warm.