Recipe by JustJanS
Garlic is so good when it's roasted. Try this on Italian style bread topped with tomato, or added to your mash, pasta, or in butter for a baked potato.
Top Review by carley king
mmmmm! after it was done roasting I mixed it in a bowl with some butter and spread it on thick toast. it is FAR superior to regular garlic bread - try your garlic bread like that! (I also added some minced chives and sea salt)
- 4 whole garlic heads
- 4 sprigs rosemary, leaves picked
- 40 ml olive oil
- 20 ml lemon juice
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat your oven to 200c.
- Cut about 1cm from the top of each garlic bulb and discard the tops.
- Place the bulbs in a small oven-proof dish and drizzle with the oil and juice and sprinkle the rosemary leaves over.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Cover the dish with aluminum foil and bake in the oven for 55 minutes or until the garlic is very soft.
- Remove the garlic from the oven and stand covered for 10 minutes.
- Squeeze the garlic from the cloves and use as desired.