Prep 15 mins
Cook 55 mins
Garlic is so good when it's roasted. Try this on Italian style bread topped with tomato, or added to your mash, pasta, or in butter for a baked potato.
- 4 whole garlic heads
- 4 sprigs rosemary, leaves picked
- 40 ml olive oil
- 20 ml lemon juice
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat your oven to 200c.
- Cut about 1cm from the top of each garlic bulb and discard the tops.
- Place the bulbs in a small oven-proof dish and drizzle with the oil and juice and sprinkle the rosemary leaves over.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Cover the dish with aluminum foil and bake in the oven for 55 minutes or until the garlic is very soft.
- Remove the garlic from the oven and stand covered for 10 minutes.
- Squeeze the garlic from the cloves and use as desired.
mmmmm! after it was done roasting I mixed it in a bowl with some butter and spread it on thick toast. it is FAR superior to regular garlic bread - try your garlic bread like that! (I also added some minced chives and sea salt)
Similar to a recipe we make in South Africa. Excellent flavour after roasting - I wrap each garlic seperately in foil and roast at a slightly lower temperature (180 C)uncovered - Superb spread on fresh breads/toast as supplement to a main course. You could loose the rosemary if desired.
Made this the other day and used fresh rosemary and ohhhhh the house smelled so good. (I guess if you love garlic like I do IT smells good.) I used some in garlic mashed potatoes and on some French bread warmed up. Thank you for a wonderful recipe! Made for French Forum Cooking with Herbs--Rosemary.