Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Cook1 hr 30 mins
- 1 (3 lb) whole chickens
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon rosemary, crushed
- 2 tablespoons butter or 2 tablespoons margarine, softened
- 4 medium potatoes, peeled and cut into 2 inch cubes
- 4 small onions, peeled and quartered
- 4 carrots, peeled and cut into 1 inch pieces
- 1 cup dry white wine
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Season chicken inside and out with salt and pepper.
- Place1/2 tsp rosemary in the cavity.
- Tie legs together and rub butter over skin.
- Place in a large baking dish or roasting pan.
- Roast chicken for 15 minutes.
- Arrange carrots, potatoes and onions around chicken.
- Sprinkle remaining rosemary over chicken and vegetables.
- Pour wine over all and bake 1 hour and 15 minutes with pan drippings.
- Add water as needed if wine evaporates.