Prep 30 mins
Cook 18 mins
This recipe is wonderful and flavorful. I have used it for a Thanksgiving turkey and just for any nights' chicken dinner. This recipe is featured on AllRecipes.com.
- 1 whole turkey or 1 whole chicken
- 3⁄4 cup olive oil
- 3 tablespoons garlic, minced (jar garlic works well and is faster)
- 2 tablespoons rosemary, chopped
- 1 tablespoon italian seasoning
- 1⁄4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- salt and pepper
- For a turkey, double recipe.
- In a small bowl, mix all ingredients and set aside.
- Wash poultry well inside and out; Pat dry with papertowel.
- Loosen the skin from the breast by slowly working your fingers between the breast and the skin.
- Work it loose to the end of the drumstick, being careful not to tear skin.
- Using your hand, place a generous amount of mixture under the skin and down the thigh and leg.
- Rub mixture over the outside of the meat making sure to coat the wings.
- Place poultry on a rack in a roasting pan adding about 1/4-inch of water to the bottom of the pan.
- Roast at 350 degrees according to weight=18 minutes per pound is recommended.
- Use a meat thermometer inserted into the thigh, if desired.
- Temperature should be 160-165 degrees and juices should run clear.