Recipe by sassafrasnanc
Simplistic and delicious! High heat roasting of the carrots intensifies the flavor and almost caramelizes them. This really is the best way to cook almost all root vegetables to get the full flavor of the vegetable! Preparation time includes peeling and cutting carrots. You can eliminate this if you use precut or washed baby carrots.
Top Review by I'mPat
Delicious, I used fresh rosemary and the addition of the roasted garlic was superb. I did a serving for 2 (which is the amount I normally do for 3) but we were all wishing there was more, thank you sassafrasnanc, made for Name that Ingredient.
- 1 lb carrot (any type)
- 1 head garlic
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 2 sprigs fresh rosemary or 1 tablespoon dried rosemary
- sea salt
- fresh ground black pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- If you are using whole carrots, peel and cut into 2" diagonal sections (I like to cut carrots on a diagonal just because they look more appealing).
- Break garlic into individual cloves but leave the skins on.
- Toss all ingredients in roasting pan that is just large enough to hold everything.
- Roast for approx 20-30 minutes or until browned, stirring occasionally. Serve immediately.