Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
Simplistic and delicious! High heat roasting of the carrots intensifies the flavor and almost caramelizes them. This really is the best way to cook almost all root vegetables to get the full flavor of the vegetable! Preparation time includes peeling and cutting carrots. You can eliminate this if you use precut or washed baby carrots.
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- If you are using whole carrots, peel and cut into 2" diagonal sections (I like to cut carrots on a diagonal just because they look more appealing).
- Break garlic into individual cloves but leave the skins on.
- Toss all ingredients in roasting pan that is just large enough to hold everything.
- Roast for approx 20-30 minutes or until browned, stirring occasionally. Serve immediately.
Delicious, I used fresh rosemary and the addition of the roasted garlic was superb. I did a serving for 2 (which is the amount I normally do for 3) but we were all wishing there was more, thank you sassafrasnanc, made for Name that Ingredient.
Used fresh rosemary from our garden. Had carrots hanging around too long searched for a rosemary recipe and found this! Even my 17month old liked them!
Easy as could be and so delicious, I ran out and bought another pound of carrots and made it again the next day. Thanks!