Prep 15 mins
Cook 50 mins
Vegan world order
- 1 cup basmati rice
- 1 3⁄4 cups water
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 medium chopped onion
- 1⁄2 cup chopped celery
- 1 minced garlic clove
- 1⁄2 cup piece walnuts
- 2 1⁄2 tablespoons chopped fresh rosemary
- 1 tablespoon tamari
- Wash and drain the rice and place it in a heavy saucepan over medium heat.
- Let the rice dry out somewhat and begin to toast lightly, then add the water and salt.
- Bring to the boil, boil for 1 minute, then cover and cook over low heat without stirring for 40 minutes.
- Let the rice rest for 10 minutes before removing the lid.
- Fluff the rice with a rice paddle or fork.
- While the rice is cooking, heat the oil in a skillet and add the onion, celery, and garlic. Sauté for 3 to 4 minutes.
- Add the walnuts and rosemary and saute about 5 minutes longer.
- Add the tamari and mix well.
- Combine the sauteed mixture with the rice.
- Serve immediately or reheat in a casserole.