Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
This is a quick and easy rice recipe that gets flavor from the herbs rather than butter. This recipe comes from Light and Tasty.
- 1⁄4 cup onion, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 cups vegetable broth
- 1 cup long grain rice, uncooked
- 1 tablespoon fresh rosemary, minced or 1 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄4 cup parmesan cheese, shredded
- In a saucepan, saute the onion and garlic in oil until tender.
- Add broth; stir in the rice, rosemary and pepper.
- Bring to a boil; reduce heat; cover and simmer for 15-18 minutes or until rice is tender.
- Remove from heat and stir in Parmesan.
I used fresh rosemary from my garden. Filled the kitchen with a lovely fragrance. Tasted very nice. Might add just a touch of lemon to enhance the flavors. This recipe is a great use for fresh rosemary. Glad I found it.
We really liked this! I used arborio rice in order to use it up (everything is in preparation for the move!). We only used 3/4 of a cup because it was all we had but we liked how the arborio rice produced a bit of its own sauce. Used rosemary from my herb garden and left off the cheese which we thought worked just fine!
This as absolutely delicious.