Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
- 2 -2 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 envelope fast rising yeast
- 1 1⁄4 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 3⁄4 cup milk
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1⁄2 cup instant potato flakes or 1⁄2 cup instant potato flakes, buds
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 egg, slightly beaten
- sesame seeds or poppy seeds or additional dried rosemary, crushed
- In a large bowl, combine 2/ 3 cup flour, sugar, undissolved yeast, salt, and rosemary.
- Heat milk, water, potato flakes, and oil until very warm (120o to 130oF).
- Gradually add to flour mixture.
- Beat 2 minutes at medium speed of electric mixer, scraping bowl occasionally.
- Stir in enough remaining flour to make a soft dough.
- Knead on lightly floured surface until smooth and elastic, about 8 to 10 minutes.
- Cover; let rest 10 minutes.
- Divide dough into 12 equal pieces.
- Roll each piece to 10-inch rope; coil each rope and tuck end under coil.
- Place 2 inches apart on greased baking sheet.
- Cover; let rise in warm, draft-free place until doubled in size, about 1 hour.
- Brush tops with beaten egg; sprinkle with toppings, as desired.
- Bake at 375oF for 15 to 20 minutes or until done.
- Remove from sheet; cool on wire rack.