Recipe by Krystalin
From Diabetic Living. Just 168 calories and counts as 1 carb choice. Exchanges: 1 starch, 2 very lean meat, .5 fat. Cooking times are estimates.
- 4 ounces tiny new potatoes, cut into 1/4-inch slices (1 cup)
- 1⁄4 cup chopped red onions or 1⁄4 cup yellow onion
- 1⁄4 cup chopped sweet pepper (red, green, and or yellow)
- 1 cup fat-free liquid egg product (refrigerated or frozen, thawed) or 4 eggs
- 1⁄2 teaspoon snipped fresh rosemary or 1⁄4 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- nonstick cooking spray
- 1⁄4 cup shredded swiss cheese (1 ounce)
- fresh rosemary (garnish) (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- In a covered 6- to 7-inch nonstick skillet with flared sides, cook potatoes and onion in a small amount of boiling water for 7 minutes. Add sweet pepper. Cook, covered, for 3 to 5 minutes more or until vegetables are tender. Drain in a colander.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, whisk together egg, 1/2 teaspoon rosemary, salt, and pepper. Set aside.
- Wipe out skillet; lightly coat with cooking spray. Return vegetables to skillet. Pour egg mixture over vegetables. Cook over medium heat, without stirring, about 1 minute or until egg mixture begins to set. Run a spatula around the edge, lifting mixture so uncooked portion flows underneath. Continue cooking and lifting edges until egg is almost set but still glossy and moist.
- Remove skillet from heat. Sprinkle with cheese. Let stand, covered, for 3 to 4 minutes or until top is set and cheese is melted.
- To serve, cut frittata into wedges. If desired, top each servings with fresh rosemary.