Recipe by Norahs Girl
This is wonderful with soups and smells heavenly whilst baking!
Top Review by Jangomango
Wonderful bread, lovely texture, and you are right, the aroma is fantastic. The only change I made was to add some gluten to the flour, since Aussie flour is very soft and needs a bit more kick in it to rise well.
- 110 g boiled potatoes, mashed (reserve 125ml of the water)
- 125 ml warm milk
- 2 teaspoons dry yeast
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 450 g plain flour
- 3 -4 tablespoons chopped fresh rosemary
Directions See How It's Made
- Dissolve the yeast in the milk for 15 minutes.
- Mix the potato, oil, salt, rosemary and yeast mixture.
- Stir in the reserved cooking liquid and then the flour to form a stiff dough.
- Knead on a floured surface until smooth and elastic.
- Cover and leave to rise in a warm place until doubled in size.
- Place in a greased loaf tin and leave until the dough has risen above the rim of the tin.
- Bake at 200°C/400°F for 10 minutes then reduce the heat to 190°C/375°F for 40 minutes.
- Cool on a wire rack.