Recipe by TasteTester
If you're looking for a delicious and different topping for your steak, this will fit the bill. It goes well with potatoes and a tossed salad. I prepare the mayo ahead of time to make this a dinner I can cook on the grill quickly. The time does not include the 30 minutes on countertop after patting with spices.
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1⁄4 cup pitted kalamata olive, chopped
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh dill
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 (1 lb) porterhouse steaks, about 1 to 1 1/4 inches thick
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh rosemary
- 3⁄4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- snipped fresh rosemary, as garnish (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- For olive mayo, in bowl combine mayonnaise, olives, dill and garlic. Cover; refrigerate up to 1 week.
- Brush steaks with oil. Combine rosemary, salt and pepper; rub on steaks. Let stand at room temperature for 30 minutes.
- Place steaks on grill heated to medium-high. Cover and grill 9 to 11 minutes for medium rare, turning once.
- Sprinkle steaks with fresh rosemary, if desired, and cut into serving portions. Serve with the olive mayonnaise.