Recipe by Shawn C
Nice for a elegant dinner--wonderful aroma and taste.
Top Review by susie cooks
Wow great pork loin. The rub is delicious and fresh. I had a smaller loin so it took about 50 minutes total cooking time. I chopped all my vggies chunky. I added some fingerling potatoes and the rest of the fennel. We will definitely be making this again.
- 1 cup chopped fresh fennel, and leaves
- 4 teaspoons snipped fresh rosemary
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 lbs pork loin roast
- 2 sprigs fresh rosemary
- 1⁄2 cup chopped carrot
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 1⁄4 cup chopped celery
- 2 1⁄2 cups reduced-sodium chicken broth
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 450°F.
- In a processor blend fennel, snipped rosemary, garlic, salt, pepper and 1 T oil until it forms a chunky paste.
- Spread 3/4 mixture on roast. Roll up roast and tie. Thread the rosemary sprigs through the ties on the top side of the roast. Place a few small slits in the top of the roast and brush with olive oil. Spread remaining mixture on top of roast.
- Place roast in rack and bake 15 minutes. Reduce heat to 400°F; drain fat and place veggies around roast in pan. Bake 15 minutes more.
- Add 1/2 of the broth to the pan and bake 50-60 minutes.
- Baste roast with remaining broth every 15-20 minutes.
- Remove from oven on to platter and make a sauce with the juices and drippings in pan.
- Serve with roasted potatoes, rice, mashed potatoes or whatever you like.