Recipe by evelyn/athens
These go great with an entry I submitted for Roast Prime Rib of Beef with Green and Pink Peppercorn Crust.
Top Review by ellie_
Delicious, but I think I should have greased my popover pans better or cooked them a bit longer because my popovers were really high but didn't pop and stuck to the pans a bit. However I thought these were more flavorful than most other popovers and will be making these again using a bit more butter and cooking them a bit longer next time.
- 1 1⁄3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 4 large eggs
- 1 1⁄3 cups milk
- 5 tablespoons melted drippings, from roast or 5 tablespoons melted butter
- 2 teaspoons dried rosemary, crumbled
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In a blender, blend flour, salt, eggs, milk and 4 tblsps drippings, scraping down sides, for 30 seconds.
- Brush 8, 1-cup popover tins or 2/3 cup custard cups with some remaining fat and heat in middle of oven for 5 minutes, or until hot.
- Fill tins half full with batter and sprinkle tops with ¼ tsp rosemary.
- Bake 45 minutes, or until golden-brown and crisp.