Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 15 mins
Cook 40 mins
This is the Winning Recipe for 1991 in the San Francisco Chronicle, from Mark Elkin.
Make and share this Rosemary Polenta Pound Cake recipe from Food.com.
- Mix together buttermilk and polenta; let soak for 45 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350°. Butter and flour two 8-inch tube cake pans (Bundt pans work well).
- Sift together flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Stir in rosemary.
- Cream together butter and sugar until white and fluffy. Add eggs 1 at a time, beating well after each addition. Fold polenta and dry ingredients alternately into creamed mixture, in 3 additions.
- Divide batter between prepared pans.
- Bake about 40 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into cake comes out clean.
- Let cakes cool 5 minutes before turning out on a wire rack to cool.
This is so different! I have only cooked with polenta a few times, but I love it! I found myself walking by this cake and taking little slivers here and there. It is an excellent combination of flavors. But, savory, not sweet.