These are from a Martha Stewart magazine. I tried them this year for our Thanksgiving cookie plate and they were wonderful. Everyone except my DH loved them..he said, "Ugh, Rosemary is great in chicken, but it does not belong in cookies...chocolate, chocolate belongs in cookies"..bah, what does he know? They a lovely cookie, for a sophisticated palate, <BEG>, the rosemary is a slight after taste, not overpowering at all. I'm making them again for Christmas .
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 1/2 teaspoons coarsely chopped fresh rosemary
- 1/4 cup pine nuts, toasted, plus more
- pine nuts, for topping the cookies
- 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 10 tablespoons softened unsalted butter (1 1/4 sticks)
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 3 tablespoons heavy cream
- 1 large egg
- decorator sugar (sanding sugar)
- 1Preheat oven to 325°F.
- 2Finely chop rosemary in a food processor. Add pine nuts, pulse until coarsely ground.
- 3Transfer to a large bowl. Whisk in 2 cups of the flour, the baking soda,ginger and salt. Set aside.
- 4Put butter and sugar in a separate bowl and with an electric mixer, mix on high speed until pale and fluffy, about 5 minutes. Mix in oil and reduce speed to low. Mix in flour mixture. Add cream and mix until well combined, about 2 minutes. Mix in egg and remaining 1/2 cup flour.
- 5Shape dough into 3/4 inch balls and space about 2 inches apart on baking sheets lined with parchment paper. Flatten slightly with fingers and top each with one pine nut. Sprinkle with sanding sugar.
- 6Bake cookies rotating sheets halfway through until edges are golden, about 13 minutes. Let cool about 10 minutes on sheets on wire racks. Transfer cookies to racks to cool completely. Can be stored in airtight containers up to 3 days.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Rosemary Pine Nut Cookies
Serving Size: 1 (816 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 51.6
- Calories from Fat 24
- Total Fat 2.7 g
- Saturated Fat 1.3 g
- Cholesterol 8.2 mg
- Sodium 27.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 6.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.1 g
- Sugars 3.2 g
- Protein 0.6 g