Prep 40 mins
Cook 20 mins
Although I haven't made these cookies yet, I came across this recipe while looking for different ways to use garden rosemary. Recipe source: Gardener, winter 2004. Refrigeration time (20-30 minutes) is included in prep time. 11/24/04 Recipe edited thanks to reviewers comments.
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugars until light.
- With mixer on low speed add flour, ground pecans, salt, vanilla and rosemary and mix well. Dough will be crumbly.
- Fill 12 cups of muffin tin with dough patting the dough firmly into each cup with your fingers.
- Put muffin tin in refrigerator for 20-30 minutes.
- Optional: with a skewer or chopstick mark each cookie with a decorative pattern.
- Place one pecan half in the center of each cookie.
- Bake 15-20 minutes or until centers are firm to the touch and edges are golden brown.
Well I tried to get in touch with Ellie to find out how much flour went into this recipe since it`s not posted above. I suggest using 1 1/2 cups flour I also added 1/2 teaspoon baking powder. I used mini muffin tins as to have them go father. Pressed the dough just to the rim. I got 28 cookies. The perfect size. I think the regular size would be to large. I didn`t refriderate just popped them into the oven. These would be a 5 star but with the guessing on how much flour to use. The directions could be better. I can`t imagine what a chopstick would do so I didn`t bother. Very tasty I really enjoyed the hint of rosemary. Another batch of cookies to add to my Cookie Christmas list!! Thanks Ellie!