A buttery-rich scone is nothing more than a glorified biscuit—made even more delicious with our sweet and savory twists. Featured on Southern Living's facebook page, Easy, Irresistible Scones -- originally from Southern Living, December 2010.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 450°.
- 2Stir together first 3 ingredients in a large bowl.
- 3Cut butter into flour mixture with a pastry blender until crumbly and mixture resembles small peas. Freeze 5 minutes.
- 4Add 3/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons cream, pear, cheese, and rosemary, stirring just until dry ingredients are moistened.
- 5Turn dough out onto wax paper; gently press or pat dough into a 7-inch round (mixture will be crumbly). Cut round into 8 wedges.
- 6Place wedges 2 inches apart on a lightly greased baking sheet. Brush tops of wedges with remaining 2 tablespoons cream just until moistened.
- 7Bake at 450° for 13 to 15 minutes or until golden.
Browse Our Top Scones Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Rosemary, Pear, and Asiago Scones
Serving Size: 1 (91 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 327.1
- Calories from Fat 205
- Total Fat 22.8 g
- Saturated Fat 14.1 g
- Cholesterol 71.2 mg
- Sodium 394.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 27.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.2 g
- Sugars 1.4 g
- Protein 4.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included: