Prep 10 mins
Cook 12 mins
These are so quick and easy to make and very tasty with lots of things. I got this recipe out of our newspaper and it calls for rosemary but you may use other herbs that you like. Dry basil or Italian seasoning is good to go with spaghetti and meatballs. Also, a little sprinkle of garlic salt/powder is good, too. You can double the recipe and freeze the second batch, unbaked, on a cookie sheet. Then seal in a plastic bag and keep frozen up to a month. Bake them frozen for 10-15 minutes, till golden.
- 1 sheet frozen puff pastry (thawed, from 17 1/4-ounce package)
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1⁄4 cup full shredded parmesan cheese
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons chopped fresh rosemary (or 1 tablespoon of dried)
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 teaspoon fresh coarse ground black pepper
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees; line two baking shees with parchment paper.
- Roll puff pastry into a 10x14-inch rectangle.
- Whisk egg and water together and brush on pastry.
- Sprinkle with parmesan cheese, rosemary, and pepper pressing lightly into pastry with fingers.
- Cut the pastry into 24 strips, each slightly more than 1/2" wide.
- Twist each strip and place on baking sheet.
- Bake 10-12 minutes till golden.
- Serve warm or at room temperature.
- NOTE: For 2 sticks--30 calories--2g fat--1g protein--0g fiber--50mg sodium.