1/1 Photo of Rosemary Parmesan Polenta
This recipe came from our local grocery store (Festival Foods). I made it for the family and it was a hit. I always make enough for two dinners worth. On the first night, I serve it soft. The leftovers I chill then fry in butter. For fried polenta, you can make this recipe up to two days in advance. Just keep in the fridge until ready to fry & serve.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/2 cup butter, unsalted (1 stick)
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 tablespoon garlic, minced (3 cloves)
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes, crushed
- 1 tablespoon fresh rosemary leaf, minced
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/4 teaspoon fresh black pepper
- 3 cups chicken stock
- 2 cups half-and-half
- 2 cups milk
- 2 cups cornmeal
- 1 cup parmesan cheese, good quality grated
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1Heat 1/2 cup butter and 1/4 cup olive oil in a large saucepan.
- 2Add the garlic, red pepper flakes, rosemary, garlic salt, and pepper. Saute for 1 minute.
- 3Add the chicken stock, half-and-half and milk. Bring to boil.
- 4Reduce heat to low and slowly sprinkle in cornmeal, stirring constantly with a whisk.
- 5Continue cooking over low heat, stirring constantly, for a few minutes, until thickened and bubbly.
- 6Remove from heat and stir in the Parmesan.
- 8For leftovers (assuming you ate half the recipe), pour into 8 x 8 glass dish. Smooth the top and refrigerate overnight.
- 9Cut the chilled polenta into 6 rectangles.
- 10Lift each out with a spatula. Dust each lightly with cornstarch.
- 11Heat 1 Tbsp Olive oil and 1 Tbsp butter in a large saute pan and cook the polenta squares over medium heat for 3-5 minutes, turning once until browned on the outside and heated on the inside.
- 12Add more butter and oil, as needed.
- 13Serve immediately.
Browse Our Top Grains Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Grains Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Rosemary Parmesan Polenta
Serving Size: 1 (187 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 338.0
- Calories from Fat 218
- Total Fat 24.2 g
- Saturated Fat 11.8 g
- Cholesterol 52.6 mg
- Sodium 333.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 22.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.5 g
- Sugars 1.2 g
- Protein 9.0 g