Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
From the Williams-Sonoma site. Two variations and make-ahead tips provided.
Make and share this Rosemary - Parmesan Icebox Crackers recipe from Food.com.
- In the bowl of a food processor, combine the flour, salt, pepper and rosemary and pulse twice to mix. Add the butter and pulse until the mixture resembles coarse meal, about 10 pulses. Add the cheese and pulse twice to combine. With the motor running, pour in the cream and continue processing until the dough forms a single mass.
- Transfer the dough to a work surface and roll into a log about 2 inches in diameter. Wrap with plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 3 hours or up to 2 days.
- Preheat an oven to 325°F Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Cut the dough into 1/8-inch-thick slices and place on the prepared baking sheet. If desired, using miniature decorative cutters, cut out the center of each slice, then place the cutouts on the baking sheet. Bake until the crackers are light golden brown, 20 to 25 minutes.
- Transfer the baking sheet to a wire rack. When the crackers are cool to the touch, transfer them to the rack. Makes about 24 crackers.
- Cheddar-Cayenne Icebox Crackers: In a food processor, pulse together 1 cup flour, 1 1/4 teaspoons salt and 1/2 teaspoons cayenne as directed above. Add 4 Tbs. (1/2 stick) unsalted butter and pulse as directed. Pulse in 1 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese, then 1/4 cup cream. Following the instructions above, refrigerate, slice and bake the crackers.
- Black PepperLemon Icebox Crackers: In a food processor, pulse together 1 cup flour, 1 teaspoons salt, 1 1/4 teaspoons cracked pepper and zest of 2 lemons as directed above. Add 4 Tbs. (1/2 stick) unsalted butter and pulse as directed. Pulse in 1 cup shredded Asiago cheese, then 3 Tbs. cream. Following the instructions above, refrigerate, slice and bake the crackers.
- Make-Ahead Tips: Prepare the dough, shape it into logs and refrigerate for up to 2 days before baking. If desired, bake the crackers up to 2 days in advance; store in an airtight container at room temperature.