Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
From Rachael Ray 365: No Repeats.
- 1 navel orange, juice and zest of
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 cup chicken stock or 1 cup broth
- 2 sprigs fresh rosemary, leaves removed and chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- salt and black pepper
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 4 inches thick center-cut pork loin chops
- 1 1⁄2 lbs Broccolini
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 lemon, juice and zest of
- 1⁄4 cup fresh flat leaf parsley, chopped
- crusty bread
- In a medium sauce pot over high heat, combine the zest and juice of the orange, brown sugar, chicken stock, rosemary, crushed red pepper flakes, salt and pepper.
- Bring the mixture to a boil, then lower the heat to a simmer and cook until reduced by half.
- Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat with the EVOO. Season the chops with salt and pepper, then add to the hot skillet. Cook the chops for 5 minutes on each side.
- While the pork chops are cooking, trim the broccoliini ends. Place the stalks into a skillet and cover with water.
- Cover the skillet and bring to a boil. Add salt and reduce the heat. Simmer for 5-6 minutes, until tender and bright green.
- Drain broccolini and return to the skillet over medium heat. Add the butter, lemon zest, and lemon juice. Stir and toss until the butter melts, season with salt and pepper.
- Add the parsley to the reduced rosemary-orange glaze. Pour the glaze over the cooked pork chops.
- Toss to coat and transfer to a serving platter. Serve along with the broccolini and some crusty bread.
These sounded so good I just had to make them for dinner last night! They were absolutely delicious. The flavor of the juice with the red peppers and spice was an excellent combination. I will make these often as we really loved it! The broccolini was excellent too!