Recipe by Messy44
Here is a quick and refreshing pasta dish that is easy. It is a nice change from the usual pastas. Uses mostly items you probably already have, except Pancetta, but you could substitute bacon or any leftover grilled meat for that and it would still be super. Next time I plan to use fresh rosemary. Enjoy.
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 ounces pancetta, thinly sliced and finely chopped
- 1 medium onion, thinly sliced
- 2 teaspoons dried rosemary, chopped
- 3 tablespoons orange marmalade
- salt, to taste
- fresh ground pepper, to taste
- 1⁄2 lb pasta, any small shape
- 1⁄4 cup parmesan cheese, grated
Directions See How It's Made
- In a saucepan, heat oil and add pancetta, cook until browned and fat is rendered, about 4 minutes.
- Add onion and rosemary, cover and cook on medium low stirring occasionally, til onion is tender and golden, about 10 minutes.
- Stir in marmalade, season with salt and pepper. Set aside.
- Boil pasta in large pan of water according to package directions. Cook til al dente. Drain, reserving 1/3 cup cooking water.
- Return pasta to pan, add onion mixture and cooking water. Toss.
- Sprinkle with cheese and serve.