Recipe by sarikat
This recipe was originally published in "Real Simple" magazine. I love the flavor combinations, and it smells heavenly while baking.
- 2 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup walnuts, chopped
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 teaspoons dried rosemary
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon lemon, zest of, grated
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 3⁄4 cup white wine or 3⁄4 cup apple juice
- 1⁄2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- vegetable oil cooking spray
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Lightly coat a loaf pan with vegetable cooking spray.
- Stir together flour, sugar, walnuts, baking powder, rosemary, salt and lemon zest in bowl.
- In a separate bowl, mix eggs, wine, and olive oil, then stir into dry ingredients.
- Transfer the batter into pan and smooth the surface.
- Bake 55 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.